Unfortunately, I couldn't continue working on the EPG part. Instead I worked some other things:
- Added ChannelList D-Bus interface to retrieve information about channels.
- Added GUI client to add and delete timers
- Fixed several bugs
Last week wasn't as productive as I wished. Nevertheless, here's my report.
I tried to continue on storing EPG data, but unfortunately came across bug 539969 quickly.
I was able to complete all tasks I wanted to last week. The Scanner works completely for DVB-T and supposably for DVB-S and DVB-C. The Scanner contains a new method WriteChannelsToFile, too.
In addition, I started work on the EPGScanner that scans in fixed intervals for EPG data on each channel. Currently, the data is just read and stored in the Channel it belongs to ordered by time. Still missing are:
Nothing big feature-wise has been added. Instead, I cleaned up the code a little bit and fixed some bugs.
I didn't get everything done I intended to last week. The most notable changes are:
Last week has been successful and almost all tasks have been completed. That means that channel.conf can be read and written for all DVB types. Recording should work for all DVB types, too (as already mentioned I myself can only test DVB-T). In addition, recordings are actually stopped after the given duration.
The last two weeks I made myself comfortable with the DVB and MPEG-TS part of GStreamer. I took code by Zaheer and refactored it. All the acronyms drive me crazy sometimes, but I understand most of them by now. It's currently possible to scan channels, watch channels and display EPG.