I'm currently in release mode and just released GNOME DVB Daemon 0.1.12, the third release in three weeks. Those three releases include an improved DBus API, a way to assign channels to any number of groups and a lot of bug fixes. You can configure the channel groups in gnome-dvb-control from the "Edit -> Channel Lists" menu. Unfortunately, the groups are not yet displayed in Totem (coming in the next release). Currently, only the DVB Daemon plugin in Coherence makes use of it.
It hasn't been that long since the last release and I try to continue releasing more often in the future. Version 0.1.9 is mainly bug fix release. It fixes are critical bug that caused the channel list file to be corrupted (especially with DVB-S). In addition, the EPG scanner and channel scanner use their own main loop now. That should make the daemon more responsive and fixes a couple of crashes.
So far I neglected writing about this year's Google Summer of Code. This ends with this post. As last year, I'm working on GNOME DVB Daemon.
In the last couple of weeks I concentrated on the user experience, thus making setting up devices as easy as possible. I made a short screencast that shows the new assistant started by the Totem plugin.
Update: Apparently, I used a too recent version of libgee when generating the release tarball. Therefore, gnome-dvb-daemon 0.1.6 doesn't compile with libgee 0.1.5. I just released version 0.1.7 which fixes this problem.
After two months since the last release I'm proud to announce GNOME DVB Daemon 0.1.6.
I really like the recent efforts to streamline the work towards GNOME 3.0. I'm in favor of all points on the roadmap. Especially the point about re-designing gnome.org. That's a task that is overdue for a long time. Hopefully, the re-design points out why GNOME rocks and makes it easy for interested people to find a way to contribute. What I'd love to see is a way to search API docs like gotapi does.