I am pleased to announce version 3.2.1 of the Python bindings for
GObject. This is a maintenance release for the stable branch bringing
you a couple of bug fixes.
- Add missing override for TreeModel.iter_previous() (Martin Pitt)
- GSettings: allow extra keyword arguments (Giovanni Campagna)
- pygtkcompat: Correct Userlist module use (Jose Rostagno)
- GTK overrides: Add missing keyword arguments (Martin Pitt)
- pygi-convert.py: Drop obsolete drag method conversions (Martin Pitt)
- Fix len_arg_index for array arguments (Bastian Winkler)
- Add missing GObject.TYPE_GTYPE (Martin Pitt)
- Add GtkComboBoxEntry compatibility (Paolo Borelli)
GObject is a object system used by GTK+, GStreamer and other libraries.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for use in Python programs when
accessing GObject libraries.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the GNU
LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging from
small single purpose scripts up to large full featured applications.
PyGObject now dynamically accesses any GObject libraries that uses
GObject Introspection. It replaces the need for separate modules such as
PyGTK, GIO and python-gnome to build a full GNOME 3.0 application. Once
new functionality is added to gobject library it is instantly available
as a Python API without the need for intermediate Python glue.