As mentioned in my previous post I can't continue working on the scanning code, because of a bug in Vala. Therefore, I worked on scheduling recordings and actually recording the channel in time (for DVB-T). It's still pretty rough, but recording works. Despite the fact that recordings don't end.
That has to do with the time calculations that are necessary to figure out if the duration of the recording is already reached. Does anybody now a library (ideally already available through Vala) that does the time and date calculations for me? I couldn't find what I needed in GLib. Basically, I have a start time with year, month, day, hour and minute and a duration of the recording. Want I want is the end time of the recording in the same format as the start time.
Furthermore, I completed a reader of channels.conf for DVB-T. In the next week I plan to
- extend the reader that it can read channels.conf for DVB-S and DVB-C, too
- Write a writer of channels.conf file
- Implement recording for DVB-S and DVB-C. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test one of them, as I only have access to DVB-T
- Polish the recorder (thread-safety, sanity checks)
- Make recorder accessible trough D-Bus
You can checkout all the code with
bzr branch http://www.gnome.org/~sebp/bzr/dvb-daemon