Today Deskbar-Applet 2.22.0, the first stable release of the 2.22 series, has been released. The changes since the 2.20.x are:
- You can now execute any command in a terminal with "Execute in terminal" action
- Directly open the Evolution dialog to edit a particular contact.
- With the Templates module you can create new files from your templates in the Templates directory.
- New Tomboy module allows you to search your notes, create new ones and delete notes. This module requires that you have Tomboy 0.9.2 or later.
- The preferences dialog now contains a button that reloads all modules for you.
- Deskbar-Applet finally has a user documentation thanks to Phil Bull and Qing Gan from the Ubuntu Documentation Project
- Button UI that was already part in 2.18 returned
- Deskbar-Applet now recognizes when you change your peferred browser and activates the appropriate modules for you
- When Beagle-live returns more than 20 results, a match will appear that opens beagle-search to display all available results.
- Many many bug fixes
So go and download the latest version at:
The goals for the 2.23/24 series are:
- use del.icio.us API instead of RSS feeds
- use Evolution python bindings from gnome-python-desktop (#512116)
- close window when it losses focus
- support FF >= 3.0 (requires Python 2.5 or sqlite module as external dependency) (#468325)
- Indexer is re-created each time when Deskbar is started. Saving and loading the data should be faster
- Find text anywhere in the name of files and folders not only at the beginning (#491404)
- Add finished signal to module API. Should be emitted when the module finished searching. (#508590)
- Don't require to type in the whole command for programs in $PATH (someone already wrote such a module for old API)
As always, new contributors are always welcome!