Today I made two releases. The first one was Deskbar-Applet 2.25.1 and the second GNOME DVB Daemon 0.1.0.
2.25.1 is the first version of the unstable series that will lead to 2.26. I got rid of all gnomevfs calls and replaced them with gio. Furthermore, glade files have been replaced by GTK builder’s UI files. Please download it, test it, and most importantly report bugs you came across.
Download link and more information is available at the Deskbar-Applet site.
GNOME DVB Daemon
Some of you might already now that I worked on this project during this year’s Google Summer of Code. However, I never got round to make a proper tarball release. So here it is.
For those who haven’t heard of this project before, let me give you some short introduction: DVB Daemon is a daemon written in Vala to setup your DVB devices, record TV shows and browse EPG. It can be controlled directly via its D-Bus interface or with UI applications that come with it.
The current list of features includes:
- Recording with manually provided start time and duration
- Automatically distribute overlapping recordings between adapters of same group
- Scan for channels with initial tuning data
- Brute force scan for DVB-T
- Browse already recorded shows
- Browse EPG data
- UI to scan for channels
- UI to configure devices
- UI to create and delete timers
- Schedule recording from EPG
- Recognize when recorded show is deleted manually and not by the daemon
So please go download it, play with it and report issues you encountered to me. http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-dvb-daemon/0.1/
If you want to get involved, please visit http://live.gnome.org/DVBDaemon