I didn’t get everything done I intended to last week. The most notable changes are:
- I implemented a class RecordingsStore that manages the finished recordings
- Information stored in the Recording class is written to disk when the recordings is stopped that it can be restored next time the daemon starts
- The recording will be stopped when an error appears while recording
- Extended the Manager class. You have to register a device first, before you can use the Recorder of the device. It isn’t accessible trough D-Bus anymore because Vala doesn’t support arrays with D-Bus, yet.
- Timers can be stored to disk and restored. However, this feature is currently not used, because I’m not sure what’s the best location to store them
- The patch that will convert all encodings to proper UTF-8 in GStreamer’s mpegtsparse is basically ready. Zaheer is currently testing it.
Unfortunately, I was unable to continue the work on the scanner, because Vala has some issues with Gst.Structure class. My plan for the next week is:
- Continue working on Scanner (depends if issues with Vala will be fixed in time)
- Planing the storage/retrieval of EPG data (maybe start implementing it, too)