As mentioned in last week's report, I concentrated on an assistant to setup DVB cards and a preferences GUI to create new device groups and edit existing ones. Currently, there are three GUI applications. One to manage timers, one to manage devices and one to setup your cards. In the next couple of weeks I'm going to make those UIs nicer and merge all of them in one single application.
Last week my second DVB-T adapter arrived. Therefore, I was able to test whether recording on multiple devices that are part of the same group works. At first it didn't and I had to do quite some refactoring to get it working. Nevertheless, it finally works.
Unfortunately, I couldn't continue working on the EPG part. Instead I worked some other things:
- Added ChannelList D-Bus interface to retrieve information about channels.
- Added GUI client to add and delete timers
- Fixed several bugs
Last week wasn't as productive as I wished. Nevertheless, here's my report.
I tried to continue on storing EPG data, but unfortunately came across bug 539969 quickly.
I was able to complete all tasks I wanted to last week. The Scanner works completely for DVB-T and supposably for DVB-S and DVB-C. The Scanner contains a new method WriteChannelsToFile, too.
In addition, I started work on the EPGScanner that scans in fixed intervals for EPG data on each channel. Currently, the data is just read and stored in the Channel it belongs to ordered by time. Still missing are:
Nothing big feature-wise has been added. Instead, I cleaned up the code a little bit and fixed some bugs.
I didn't get everything done I intended to last week. The most notable changes are:
Last week has been successful and almost all tasks have been completed. That means that channel.conf can be read and written for all DVB types. Recording should work for all DVB types, too (as already mentioned I myself can only test DVB-T). In addition, recordings are actually stopped after the given duration.